Monday, March 30, 2009

From Mellow to Yellow

For a long time Camden has been the mastermind of all the twins adventures, but lately Cadi has been laying tracks of her own. I don't know if she was feeling left out, or wanted to prove herself or what. She's been showing her naughty side lately.

This afternoon I was busy in the kitchen feeding the baby and making lunch for the twins. Once it was all put together I went to gather the kids together to eat. I walked into the living room to see Cadence squeezing mustard all over the sofa! Ack! I was really taken by surprise. In true blogger form I ran up to get my camera before taking the bottle away from her. Much to my dismay the batteries were dead. As were every pair of batteries I pulled off the charger (so much for rechargeables). So I don't even have pictures of the mess to justify me leaving the bottle in her hands so I could take pictures! Where's the justice?!

I was angry. My ranting attracted the missing twin who joined Cadi in smearing her hands in the numerous piles of good old American yellow hot dog topping while I ran to get my mother-in-law's carpet cleaner (we've had it for a while. We use it almost daily). It was suppose to be their cartoon time. The TV went off! I sat them in time-out while I attempted in vain to clean my no longer completely butter yellow sofa. It was kind of cute when they sneaked out of time-out to get their toy vacuum and tried to help me clean.

The cushion is permanently stained. I couldn't get it out, and that was the good side! We already flipped the cushion a couple months ago when we couldn't get a treasure map off the other side. What's a mother to do?

1 comment:

  1. Make them eat the mustard and then scrub it! Sallie, you've got to start making those girls clean up their messes!!!

    ReplyDelete