Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Painted Puppy

Another title for this one could be "Camden Flies Solo" because Cadence had nothing to do with it.

A couple days ago I was upstairs getting dressed when Camden came into our room showing Stuart her hands that were now covered in black paint. When we asked her what she painted she said, "It's on Shocker, on the black." Huh? Shocker is a white dog with large black spots on his back. So I went downstairs to find the dog sitting by the front door. He didn't look like he had paint on him, but closer examination revealed that what Camden said was true. There were globs of paint on his black spots. Since he'd been scratching it, the paint was also on his paws. There was a trail of puppy prints from the front door to the back. Fortunately I don't have a lot of carpet on the main floor of my house, so it was easily cleaned up, but there was nothing that could be done about the curtains the dog had brushed up against, or the rug by the front door. I don't feel too bad about the mat, but oh! my beautiful curtains! I would like it noted that I was not on the computer at the time of this happening.

I decided that Shocker was the priority in the disaster clean up to prevent more messes from occurring. This necessitated a bath. I hauled the dog to the basement, where I got a good soak as well. My sweet husband, got up off his sick bed and took care of Camden and the floor.

I have to say that even though this came at a less than opportune time (baby was hungry), I kept my cool, and for that I'm proud of myself. Now if I can just find a safe place for everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment